Ongoing professional learning and development contributes to building and sustaining an effective service that improves learning outcomes for children and young people in the cluster.
The cluster manager is responsible for ensuring that each RTLB has a professional development plan that is reviewed annually as part of the performance appraisal cycle.
Professional learning and development focuses on RTLB practice and improved outcomes for students and is:
- planned and based on identified needs
- identified with the appraiser
- led by credible facilitators
- both formal and informal
- funded at cluster level through the RTLB administration grant
- linked to national curriculum initiatives and Ministry priorities.
The process of identifying, planning, doing, recording, sharing, and reviewing professional development is a cyclical one.
Content last updated: March 2018