HLN Model of Practice
The Supplementary Learning Support (SLS) service and the Resource Teacher: Learning and Behaviour (RTLB) service amalgamated at the start of the 2013 school year.
High Learning Needs (HLN) service
In addition to the usual caseload of students from the amalgamation, each RTLB cluster will provide a service to a designated number of students working long-term within Level One of the National Curriculum. This service is the High Learning Needs (HLN) service within the RTLB service.
The following document "RTLB Service Delivery and Model of Practice for Students with High Learning Needs" provides guidance to the RTLB service for supporting students working long-term within Level One of the National Curriculum.
The document includes:
- RTLB and HLN Service coverage
- RTLB Model of Practice
- Access and intake processes
- Monitoring and exit processes
- Inclusive, collaborative practice
- Working with students in rural contexts
- Working with students in kura/wharekura settings
- Working with Pasifika students
- Specialist Services
- Supporting documents