Ongoing professional learning and development contributes to building and sustaining an effective service that improves learning outcomes for students.
The cluster manager is responsible for ensuring that each RTLB has a professional development plan that is reviewed annually as part of the performance appraisal cycle.
Professional learning and development focuses on RTLB practice and improved outcomes for students and is:
- planned and based on identified needs
- identified with the appraiser
- led by credible facilitators
- both formal and informal
- funded at cluster level through the RTLB administration grant
- linked to national curriculum initiatives and Ministry priorities.
The process of identifying, planning, doing, recording, sharing and reviewing professional development is a cyclical one.
Content last updated: March 2017